Sunday, February 14, 2010

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO MY WIFE

Happy Valentine's Day to my wife who is the most beautiful, amazing, unselfish, and loving woman/mommy I know. The last 2 days have been tough for you because you have been stuck in bed trying to recover from the horrific migraine since Thursday evening, which landed you in the urgent care the following day. And I know not being able to take care of the kids or clean the house left you feeling useless. So I took on the extremely tough job of taking care of our two very active kids all day on Saturday. And let me tell you something... in no way was that easy. It was exhausting!!! I have to give you, and all the stay-at-home moms credit. Being a housewife/homemaker is the hardest job by far because it is NEVER ENDING. From the time Sofia woke up to putting Gavin to sleep, I had to feed them, change them, play with them, and bathe them. Something that you make look so easy at times. But I definitely understand how tiring it is. Because when it was all over I was spent. But I did it because I had to. I am their parent too and it was my duty to step up. And even though you were lying in bed, sleeping most of the time, your kids and myself missed you very much. From all the little things that you do in a typical routine day, that norm made my job a little easier. It wasn't the same without you. Gavin was very concerned about you, saying that "I miss my mommy." So Happy Valentine's Day to the love of my life. I love you very much and I am glad you are feeling better.
Love your hubby.

5 comments:

  1. Steve, you are too cute! You are a true Mr. Mom.

    Jen, I'm sorry that you haven't been feeling good. I hope you are feeling better. Give me a call when you are feeling up to it so we can plan some sort of play day/lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is the cutest thing ever!!!!

    I hope you're feeling better Jen. Migraines are the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing situation for any man to have to be in... mama sick... kids wanting to play. Good for you Steve for stepping into the "Daddy shoes" which you were good at before, but how great to recognize how amazing your wifey is...

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats my girl . . . . nice job Steve !!!!

    Grandpa Harley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve wins father/husband of the year award! Feel better Flare, migraines are the worst.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...