Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Bridal Shower for Whitney



I have been a busy girl planning this bridal shower for my girlfriend Whitney. Saturday was the big day and it turned out so great!  I wanted to do something soft and girly so I went with shades of lavender and pinks. 




 We got the flowers at Costco and I arranged them in a bunch of miss matched jars and vases. I used raw cut burlap as a table runner and mason jars for the iced tea. I love how organic it all felt.

 Of coarse the go-to poms that spruce up any party. I found these little doilies at Smart and Final and not only used them on the table, but I painted a last minute banner too. 
I found white frames in the dollar section and hot glued clear glass pebbles around it just for some extra umph and filled them with the couples engagement photos. And how cute are the straws! Gotta love Etsy! We used plastic wear to keep clean up nice and easy so I made napkin rings with the brides initials for added detail.
 I found Amy Butler fabric keychains/bottle openers as party favors. I put them in little linen bags and stamped the outside with a peony flower stamp. Simple and cute. 
I was planning on displaying the menu on this chalkboard, but it was little small but "Lets Eat" fit just right, LOL. I found the chalkboard at Joanns, painted it white and made some fabric flowers to add.



Some of the party guests 





We skipped games, but  I made little cards that read "Love Note" and everyone wrote a little somethin' somethin' for the new bride. And what kind of party would it be without dessert?? Mini chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting and vanilla with strawberry frosting. I will post the recipe soon because it was to die! 


It was such a lovely afternoon. The weather was perfect and everyone had such a great time. Let the wedding festivities begin ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...