Monday, April 5, 2010

Almost 3 going on 20


Dear Gavin,

 If there was ever a boy that could talk his way out if ANYTHING, its YOU! Daddy and I have decided that you are going to be a lawyer when you grow up because your negotiating skills are ridiculous. A day with you is never ever ever dull. EVER. You never stop moving. You never stop talking. In a month you will be 3 and I am having a hard time with it. That's a hole different post :) This month has been a big month for you , and here is why.....

-YOU are officially potty trained! THANK GOD! And Friday was your first successful potty trip in a public place. HUG NEWS for us!

- You think its funny to ask "are we there yet?" a hundred trillion times while we're driving. This is not                            my favorite let me tell you

- You go to bed every night and say " I'm gonna tip toe quiet as a mouse so I don't wake my Sissy". And you do. and you haven't woken her since she moved into your room

- We got you a big  boy car seat, and you love it. You say its soooooo comfortable

- You learned how to ride a big two wheeler bike (with training wheels) and are prettttty fast on it

- You fess up to every naughty thing you so to your Sister.... we'll see how long that lasts

You are crazy and bossy and talk like your fifteen, but you have the best heart, and share everything you have with your Sissy girl, and I know thats hard. You give me kisses and tell me you love me, and rub my head when we watch toons on my bed. You have stinky feet and all your pants are too big because you don't have diaper butt anymore. You are growing up into a boy. Sigh. And as much as I would like to push pause and keep you like this forever, I know you have to get big. But I hope you know my Son, that I relish every single second we have together. I love you more than the moon, and even when you are a big grown man, I will still tell you I love you a million times a day, and I will still pick you up and brush you off when you fall. I will always give you kisses and tell you you are my best guy. And I asked you today if all this was ok with you and you said "Yes Mama, I will always kiss you too",  planted a big wet one on my lips, and then kicked the back of my seat the entire way home. Even when your a little monster I love you. I love you i love you i love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...